MetaWorld Entertainment is a game publishing company creating virtual experiences in Sports, Gaming and Music, and connecting fans together through singular platforms on the metaverse. We have worked with multiple IPs including Sports, Hollywood, and Entertainment to help bring them to gaming platforms and expand their existing target audience and consumers. In web3 we have already developed multiple Sandbox experiences for partners like Atari to transition their IPs onto the blockchain, allowing for engagement by both web2 and web3 users alike.
JOB TITLE: Art Director
* This Position Is Eligible For Visa Sponsorship
ABOUT THE ROLE:
MetaWorld Entertainment is looking for an Art Director to join our team. As Art Director, you will manage a small team of local artists, as well as provide strong and consistent art leadership to co-development partners. As a master of visual storytelling you will convert product and design needs into visual direction and consistency for our products.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clearly communicate artistic vision to team and project stakeholders; see the vision through to execution in the game.
- Consult and collaborate with direct reports and experts across all disciplines to come to an informed, educated decision about visual direction while maintaining brand consistency.
- Advise leads on production pipeline for projects.
- Work on concept art for projects while managing internal team.
- Create style guides for various aspects of production and account for art direction.
- Oversee staffing, hiring, and performance of internal art team.
- Creating organized and detailed documentation of defects and feedback in a bug tracking database.
- Collaborate in the creation of Art Documentation, style guides, and process/pipeline guidelines.
- Manage and communicate progress with the wider team.
- Responsible for the quality of art assets coming from the internal team.
- Assists in pre-production planning and new IP development with creative directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-3 years of experience in the game industry as an Art Director, Artist, or management experience.
- Art Director should be able to execute multiple assets of art production in the following areas.
○ UI/UX: user interface, icons, graphic design, trailers, etc.
○ Character and Environment: create or direct concepts.
○ Tech Art: Animation, rendering, post-processing, Lighting.
○ Marketing: review all internally created marketing art.
○ Advanced visual storytelling skills.
- Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows including engines such as unity, and tools such as maya and blender.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Google Suite.